A classic sweet pastry that's perfect for Easter or any occasion by Caputo.
Neopolitan Mini Pastiere
- 200gr Caputo Pastry Flour
- 100g butter
- 100g sugar
- 1 sachet of vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 250g sheep ricotta
- 250g cooked wheat
- 250ml fresh milk
- 125g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 50g candied orange
- 1 lemon
- 3g orange blossom
- For the shortcrust pastry, weigh 200g of pastry flour and mix with the butter, sugar, egg yolks, vanillin and a pinch of salt.
- When the shortcrust pastry is ready, close it with transparent film and put it in the fridge to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Line the single-portion molds with the shortcrust pastry and move on to the filling.
- In a saucepan, heat the wheat with the milk, the grated lemon peel and a spoonful of sugar.
- Let everything thicken, cool to room temperature then add the wheat to the ricotta (after having worked it with a whisk, the sugar and a pinch of cinnamon).
- Add a little grated lemon zest, the candied fruit, and finally, the orange blossom water. Mix everything and then add (slowly) 3 egg whites whipped until stiff.
- Add the filling to the mold lined with the shortcrust pastry, add the strips always made in shortcrust pastry and cook in the oven at 180° for 30-35 minutes (depending on the oven).